Top 3 Yoga Mats TodayJune 7, 2020
So where do you start when it comes to all the Yoga Equipment you will now have to drag to class? Which mat should I buy? How long will it hold up? Do I really have to spend $100 on a yoga mat? What about blocks? Do I need them? Which blankets should I buy and what about that bolster? Do I have to lug that thing to class too?
It’s a strange new world when it comes to our social activities now. We have to stay 6 ft apart from each other in yoga, wear a mask to enter the building and bring all our yoga equipment. So what essentials should you really buy?
First of all, let’s start talk yoga mat. This is not an exercise mat. Exercise mats are at least 1/2 an inch and pretty squishy. Your typical yoga mat is going to be about 1/8-1/4″ in thickness and can be as light as 2.2 lbs or as heavy as 7.5 lbs. and depending on what style of yoga you practice will make a big difference on which one you buy.
See below for some of the best mats on the market now.
My absolute most favorite 5 star yoga mat right now is the B-Mat Strong. The first time I used one I was like wow this is it! I loved the grip, the cushion and I didn’t have to do anything to make it more perfect than it is. (Like add water or a yogi toes towel.) Here’s what they have to say.
- PERFORMANCE GRIP: The B Mat is ultra grippy and will keep you grounded and supported in any practice, even in sweaty conditions
- OPEN-CELL TECHNOLOGY: Non-slip Rubber, an open-cell material, means that sweat won’t pool on top of your mat which can create a slippery experience
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Made of high quality ingredients and constructed to withstand heat, sweat, and the most butt-kicking vinyasa flow of your life
- B YOGA: Our products are sustainable and responsibly produced for all types of fitness or any floor exercise routines including Yoga or Pilates
- DIMENSIONS: 71 inches L x 26 inches W x 6. 0mm in thickness
Next I’d have to say is the Manduka PRO Yoga Mat. This was my favorite for a while. We even carried them in the studio however, I am not a person who sweats much but my students are and they found they were slipping when it was wet. Maybe due to the closed cell surface as opposed to the open cell with the B-Mat. A yogi-toes towel is usually recommended with the Manduka Mat and I’m sure if I sweat more I’d love that too. This mat is great for gentle yoga, all levels yoga, Pilates, Barre, vinyasa yoga with no heat and some methodical and precise Iyengar yoga. Here is the deets on what you need to know.
- High-density Closed-cell surface prevents sweat from seeping into the comfortable mat cushion, superior joint protection, and unmatched grip and support, With a Lifetime Warranty offered when sold and shipped by Amazon.com
- Standard: 7. 5 lbs. ; 71″ x 26″; 6 mm thick, due to the unique craftsmanship, there may be slight variances in weight and length which can range +/-1”
- Extra long: 9. 5 lbs. ; 85″ x 26″; 6 mm thick, due to the unique craftsmanship, there may be slight variances in weight and length which can range +/-1”
- The PRO Series is certified STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX️ (12.HUS.17706 | Hohenstein HTTI) to keep you and your family safe from harmful substances.
- To Store: Roll Manduka PRO mats with the top side (fabric-finish) facing outwards. This keeps the corners of the mat flat when practicing.
- To Break In: The surface texture of Manduka PRO mats improves with use. The best way to break in your mat is practice, practice, practice.
- To Clean: Keep your mat in the best condition by wiping it down after every practice with Manduka All-Purpose Mat Wash. It’s specially formulated to clean your mat without damaging the surface or causing slippage. DO NOT soak, shower or submerge your mat
Yoga Design Lab Infinity Mat takes it for the heat. Once you get a little sweaty, BAM! There you go stuck on your mat! I also love the amount of designs (in the name) and colors they have to choose from. The Mandala print keeps your mind on your practice so you mind practicing. Here’s their claim to fame.
- PERFORMANCE: Premium non-slip yoga mat offers superior wet or dry grip. The beautiful laser cut mandala print helps to align your poses.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Ethically sourced natural tree rubber mat base is 5 mm thick for extra cushion
- EASY TO CLEAN: Wipe down your mat with a soft towel dampened with soap and water. Allow to fully air dry lying flat or hanging. Roll with the colored/designed side on the outside.
- DISCOUNT YOGA SET OFFER: Buy two or more YDL products and get 10% or more off your order. Scroll down to Promotions section for codes.
- GIVING BACK: $1 of each purchase goes to support boys and girls youth yoga programs in need