Inside the Instructors: Nancy AlderJanuary 8, 2018
Each month we will be highlighting our instructors. Those individuals who have integrated yoga off their mat and into their life, their conversations and their way of living. Here are some answers to some of your burning questions. From Nancy;
1. What brought you to yoga?
Space and quiet, and maybe a little desire to have arms that look like Madonna
2. In what ways has yoga impacted your life?
It has offered me a path, it gives me tools for handling all the struggles and stress of life and it has opened up a community of friends, students and teachers who change my life daily.
3. Why did you decide to enroll in a Yoga Teacher Training?
I loved yoga so much that i wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to experience what it had given me.
4. Looking back what advice would you give to yourself the first time you stepped onto a yoga mat?
There is no “right” way to do any yoga pose and no need to do every pose. Oh, and back off, more is not always better.
5. What activities do you enjoy outside of teaching?
Learning and sharing about essential oils, running with my dog, and laughing with my family.
6. What advice would you give a beginner?
Try a basic class first and many different teachers.
7. What is your favorite pose?
It won’t surprise my students to hear all versions of lunge: High Lunge, Runners Lunge and Low Lunge. But it’ll probably be different tomorrow.
8. What surprise have you found about yourself or others from being a teacher?
The biggest surprise is that my students teach me more than I teach them.
Thanks for reading. We will be updating both the blog and our instructors insights as we head into 2018.