If you think a yoga teacher training isn’t for you think again. It’s a life changing experience!
Whether you’ll ever teach or not it’s about doing the work and transforming yourself into a more authentic version of yourself. You deepen your knowledge of an activity you love and as my teacher Alison West told me. Yoga will change your life. And boy was she right.
So I’ve put together the Top 10 Reasons you would want to take the Fuller Yoga Teacher Training.
- Learn more about the yoga practice you love. The history, the philosophy, lifestyle choices in being a “yogi” and why they work.
- Learn more about your body and how to keep it safe. Those who dive into a yoga practice without having good knowledge of body mechanics get injured more quickly than those who know how the body should and shouldn’t move.
- You get to throw around big fancy words like dosha, citta, samskara and vashistasana and actually know what it means.
- You will get an opportunity to understand yourself better. Fuller Yoga teacher training is about diving deeper to understand what makes you tick. As Socrates said, “To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom.”
- You will get to do more yoga than you ever thought possible. Our training requires you to practice, practice, practice, and keep a record in order to get credit for all those hours on the mat.
- You will know how to teach to everyone. Our program is comprehensive. You won’t graduate only knowing how to teach to one type of yoga student. Whether they are beginners, devote practitioners, injured, or in their advanced years you will know how to teach a class specific to that demographic.
- Make new friends. Yoga Teacher Training is about sharing the love of yoga. Bonding over tea and texting each other to ask how you pronounce Utthita Hasta Pandangusthasana. Besides, these friends are embarking on a journey of health and well being which will be a great influence all around.
- Gain confidence! Whether you end up teaching or not you will gain more confidence being in front of people, sharing your experience and taking a leadership role.
- Giving is getting. There is nothing more satisfying than hearing someone say, “ah, that’s just what I needed, “or “thanks, my back doesn’t hurt anymore.”
- Make some money. You probably won’t retire on your yoga earnings but teaching and continuing to practice will keep you out of the old folks home with a little extra change in your pockets.
For more information on the Fuller Yoga Primary Yoga Teacher Training please contact or click here.